Wednesday 24 April 2013

I'm a winner!

I have always loved entering competitions. Ever since entering my very first one with Walls Ice Cream back in 1993 (I think) I've been hooked! I won that competition and received a Monopoly board game and a free cinema ticket to see Jurassic Park. And I've been pretty lucky with competitions since too. I enter competitions as a hobby and love winning things I wouldn't be able to buy myself or something that's not available to purchase.

For example, in 2011, I won two tickets to meet & greet the pop band The Saturdays! The competition was with Rimmel, and asked which product you thought best represented your favourite Saturday girl. I chose a foundation suitable for pale skin and Molly, because her skin seemed similar to mine. I couldn't believe it when I received the email saying I had won and couldn't wait to tell my daughter C, as it was the day before her birthday and she loves The Saturdays! And we had an amazing time - she had autographs off them all, pictures taken with them and the concert was fantastic too! When I have some spare time I'll upload the pictures.

Another amazing prize I won was a V.I.P. trip to Longleat with Thirst Pockets through Facebook. For this competition you had to buy a pack of Thirst Pockets and enter the barcode on the Facebook App. The prize included;

A 2 hour Safari tour in a 4x4
£100 voucher to use in the restaurants and gift shops
2 day passes to Longleat
2x adult and 2x child annual passes
1 night stay (Dinner, bed & breakfast) in a Longleat Group Hotel

I still remember when I received the email informing me I had won. I was on the bus with my mum and sister after we had been shopping - my phone beeped and I screamed with joy when I opened the email! The other bus users must have thought I was mad! When I got home, I quickly emailed them and confirmed all the small details. We went in November and it was so magical with all the Christmas bits around the park, my mum, the girls C & T and myself really enjoyed it! Keep an eye out for my post on the trip shortly!

So anyway, back to the topic in hand. Competitions.

As I said, I enter for a hobby, I regularly use the promoters websites and products of the competitions that I enter, but there is no obligation to do this, these products are just things that really interest me. Most competitions online just require you to enter your details and keep your fingers crossed. If anyone has any questions regarding competitions, entering them, finding them - feel free to ask :)

Here are a few fab competitions I've found on the web:

http://akufu.com/win-ipad/ - win an iPad with Akufu

www.phones4cash.co.uk - always have some fantastic competitions!

http://www.fruitypot.co.uk/win/game-play.htm - win Fruitypots - a daily game, register and click "shake". I won a lunchbox filled with Fruitypots a few weeks back.

https://www.facebook.com/myferrylink?sk=app_125122424346594 - this is another daily game but through Facebook. Just choose a glass and you could win!

http://www.phones4cash.co.uk - There are always some amazing competitions on this site!

As I find more, I'll add them for you. So please, enjoy and be lucky :)



11 comments:

  1. It is lovely to read of your wins! Stay lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the longleat prize with thirst pockets sounds amazing!!! You are very lucky, I would love to win something like that.
    I have a little giveaway on the blog at the moment if your interested - an anisnap girls watch (just scroll down, 2 or 3 post down)
    Anyway good luck with all your comps

    laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started comping in 1997 (when I was pregnant with my first child) I won a few baby items and I have just continued as a hobby. I haven@t won anything 'big' like a holiday...but still I plod on. It was really great to read about all of your fabulous wins...Good luck in all your future competitions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on all your wins, you've won some lovely things. I'm also a big fan of competitions and was hooked from winning my first prize which was a pram.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love competitions too, not been entering so many recently but you've inspired me to have a go again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really inspiring stuff! I think it must be such a buzz to win a competition, it must be like the same feeling as Christmas morning I guess. And after all, who doesn't like a little something for nothing! Keep up the good work and stay lucky! x

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    missbeautysaverblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done with all the wins!! Lucky lady!!
    I love competitions too....Nothing like getting an email saying you've won something :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have won some great prizes! I have just started comping and have had 3 small wins. Hoping for some bigger wins in the future. I love your blog and look forward to reading more in the future. I am a mum of three young boys with a baby on the way. I can totally relate to the craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post has inspired me to continue entering competitions. It's so lovely to read of success stories, and I hope you continue to win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May the wins continue for you. I remember winning book tokens at primary school, and being thrilled. That's what got me hooked although it's only been the past 5/6 years that I've been entering comps on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete